Bringing Artificial Grass to Geelong Artificial Grass Geelong Specialist is a company that takes pride…
Step-by-Step Guide to Easily Install Artificial Grass
Maintaining a perfect lawn year-round can be challenging; environmental and financial restraints require hard work, dedication, resources, and knowledge. However, with the right artificial grass system, you can have a picture-perfect yard all season! Artificial grass Geelong provides numerous benefits, including saving on water bills and time spent mowing while still maintaining an immaculate outdoor living space. This guide will walk you through step-by-step instructions for installing artificial grass so you can enjoy your ideal lawn regardless of the weather. Let’s get started!
Understand the Benefits of Artificial Grass – Low Maintenance and Cost-Effective
Artificial grass is an excellent alternative to natural grass; it is easy to see why people love it. It offers the following benefits;
- Low Maintenance: Artificial grass requires much less maintenance than natural grass. It never needs to be mowed, raked, or watered, and it doesn’t require fertilizing or weed control.
- Cost-Effective: Artificial grass is cost-effective as you don’t need to invest in expensive lawn care products or services like mowing, watering, fertilizing, and weed control.
- Durable: Artificial grass is highly durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, extreme temperatures, and weather conditions.
- Easy Installation: Installing artificial grass is easy and can be done in a relatively short amount of time.
Choose the Right Type of Artificial Grass for Your Climate and Needs
Before installation, you should determine what type of artificial grass is best for your climate and needs. Artificial grass comes in various textures, colours, and styles to match any outdoor space; turf options are made specifically for sports fields, playgrounds, pet areas, and residential settings. Consider the following factors when selecting your turf:
- Climate: Different types of turf perform better in certain climates; for example, some turf is designed to withstand extreme heat or cold better than others.
- Usage: Different types of turf are designed for different purposes, such as athletic fields and residential lawns. Choose a turf that will meet your specific needs.
- Installation: Artificial grass can be installed in various ways, such as with sand infill and without. Make sure you choose the best turf type for your planned installation method.
Calculate How Much Grass You Need to Install
Start by calculating how much grass you need to purchase. Measure the area where you want to install artificial grass and multiply the length by the width to get the total square footage. Then, divide this number by 9 for standard turf or 10 for turf with sand infill and round up any remaining fractions. This will estimate how many rolls of artificial grass you will need for your project.
Prepare the Ground and Install Your Artificial Grass
Once you have purchased the necessary materials, you can start preparing the area where you will install your artificial grass. First, remove turf or vegetation from the site to ensure a smooth surface. Before installing your turf, you should also level out any low spots and spread an appropriate base material.
When preparing the ground for artificial grass, it is vital to ensure that you have a firm and level base. If not, the turf will move or sink when used. Installing artificial grass is next once you are satisfied with the ground preparation.
Installing the Artificial Grass – Step-by-Step Guide
Artificial grass installation typically involves the following steps;
- Roll out the grass and cut it to size – Unroll the turf onto the ground, ensuring it is evenly distributed. Cut the turf into sections if you cover a large area or need to fit around objects.
- Secure seams – Lay one piece of turf over another and use seaming tape to attach them securely.
- Secure the turf to the ground – Use landscape staples or nails to secure the turf into place. Make sure all edges are tucked underneath the border and staple accordingly.
- Apply infill (if desired) – Pour an infill material such as sand onto your grass and use a broom or power broom to work it between the grass blades. This will help to keep the turf in place and also helps improve drainage.
Get started with the expert installers!
Installing artificial grass is a great way to make your home look beautiful and save time on lawn maintenance. With Artificial Grass Geelong Specialist, you can rest assured that your job won’t be too complex or time-consuming. They specialize in installing artificial grass for residential and commercial properties and always guarantee quality results. Their team offers excellent customer service and has the experience to complete the job right.